It seems this quarantining period has left everyone with a lot of time on our hands as well as extra inspiration with all the posts we are seeing on the timeline these days. Moreover, a girl has gotta eat, so check out my attempt at making my version of a tomato based pasta and sweet pork meal combo.
1. Season the pork using salt, pepper, onions and any other seasonings you’d like (I added garlic paste and fresh strawberries to get the ‘sweet pork’ flavor). I also added a small twig of parsley for embellishment and further flavoring (the recipe I kinda followed actually used sage but #quarantine, so we use whatever we have in the house). Allow meat to marinade for about 30 – 45 mins.
2. Prepare your pasta by boiling in water with some salt. Allow pasta to drain and rinse with water to remove starch and prevent clumping together.
3. Pan fry your seasoned pork by turning each side periodically until meat has been fully cooked.
Note: you can add extra seasoning to the meat such as chili pepper for some added spice.
4. Prepare and boil tomato sauce (blend tomatoes, peppers and onions and boil it down) and add cooked pork pieces to the sauce. Allow to cook.
5. At this point I decided to add broccoli because #whynot ? But I would suggest adding your veggies to your meat just as it is about to be finished cooking so it can soak in extra flavor. (Or not, if you’re not a fan of veggies that’s cool too!)
6. Once sauce is cooked and everything is fried and nice, add your cooked pasta and stir. Allow to cook for another 10-15 mins.
7. Voila! Time to eat
(When food is life and you start eating before you take a final picture!)
During this time try and focus on resting, getting your mind and body right. Feel free to check out other recipes on the blog and share your own recipes!