Bake & Grow
So as I stated at the start of this year, ya girl is really trying to grow and challenge herself out here. Growth is so important and so beautiful so I decided to go out of my comfort zone and post a little bake-with-me-esque post today. (I had started a Cooking with Mo series before, I guess this can be like a Bake with Mo ??). Anyways, hope you enjoy, try it out and are inspired to try something new either baking-wise or otherwise.
As most inspirational stories go, it all started when I was scrolling through Instagram and I happened to land on Queeneth’s page (she goes by @dishesbyq on Instagram) and I followed her recipe for a cinnamon rolls. Man, not only did it look absolutely delicious but she also made it look so simple and straightforward. I was like THIS, I have got to try myself. So after checking a couple more recipes online and finding some broken down recipes on YouTube I decided to give it a try at home.
1. Activate the yeast. Warm milk and water for 30 seconds in the microwave and add your sugar and yeast. Mix thoroughly and set aside for 5-10 mins. You should notice that the yeast mixture has risen a little bit.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave by heating for about 15-20 seconds
3. Add the melted butter and sugar to the warm yeast mixture. As you can see I made a bit of a blunder and had to transfer my yeast mixture into a larger bowl because I was going to be adding flour and the small bowl would not be sufficient.
So don’t be like Mo, use a big bowl from the start.
4. Knead the flour with the yeast mixture until a dough is formed. Then cover the dough and keep in a warm place (oven) for an hour. You should notice that the dough will have doubled in size.
5. Prepare the roll filling by measuring out the cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla extract and mix. (P:S: I added milk to my brown sugar because in case you can’t see, it was rock solid, Lool, so I had to soften it a bit and I didn’t want to use water)
6. Roll out your dough and spread melted butter on top. Then I added the filling and rolled the dough into a roll and cut the roll into even slices. Cover and set aside to rise for about 45 mins.
6. After 45mins spread butter on the rolls and glaze them. Put them in the oven at 375 for 20mins.
Voila! Delicious cinnamon rolls are ready to be eaten!
How did you find the recipe??
One thought on “Mo’s Easy-Peasy Cinnamon Rolls”