Happy New Month! I know it’s kinda late but you know what they say, better late than never right…
I can’t believe we are in the last quarter of this year. It totally baffles me how this year has flown by so quickly. However, it’s not over yet! One thing I am looking forward to with eager anticipation this month is for new experiences of old things, learning to be content and wait on God and working to do whatever one’s hands finds to do.
Here are some of my favorite sayings, verses, and songs for this month.
- Open Door by Fountain of Life Choir. Okay, so I randomly found this song on YouTube and I tell you it has been such an encouraging and upbeat tune and the words feel so right for this current season. So if you’re looking to God for something and are expectant for what the next quarter may hold, trust that God is working things out behind the scenes. I heard recently during a sermon at church, the symbolism of the month of September as the month of ‘breaking forth’ new ground. It is the ninth month of the year which is a representation of the pregnancy period and eventual birthing of a baby. New ideas, visions and ventures are about to take place, but the reality is are we truly ready? For me this song captures the joy and jubilation that comes with declaring that this month as one of breakthrough.
- Surrounded (Fight My Battles) by UpperRoom. The song says ‘It may look like I’m surrounded but I’m surrounded by You.’ This reminds me of the passage in the Bible where Elisha, who was a prophet of God, prays that God should open the eye of his servant. It wasn’t that the servant was physically blind but he was consumed with fear because a great army of warriors known as the Arameans were encamped around their house, looking to capture both Elisha and his household. Whenever our troubles seems to overwhelm us and it seems like we are all alone, remember 2 Kings 6:16 “Don’t be afraid! For there are more on our side than on theirs!” Just because it looks like its a losing battle does not mean it actually is, because guess what; looks can be deceiving.
- African Praise Medley by The Gratitude COZA is an ultimate pick me up if you need to get your dancing shoes on in preparation for the awesome things that are about to happen this new month!
- 2 Corinthians 4:18: “So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now, rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.’ Let us focus on Jesus during the remaining quarter of this year and watch him turn things right side up in our lives!
- 1 Corinthians 15:58: “With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don’t hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort.” Only that which we do for Christ matters and lasts.
- “Gifts are free, but maturity is expensive.’ Bill Johnson. God freely and happily gives us gifts we must be willing to invest in that gift so it can mature. What are you investing in this month?
- ‘God anoints the areas we are weak to show that he is strong’ Lisa Bevere in her recent book Adamant.
- Excerpt from Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver: “God wraps up my good with your good and the good of both of us with the good of others. The plot lines of our individual stories weave together to form his master plan. Nothing is wasted. Nothing is left out. There are no dead ends or red herrings; every story line is given his greatest attention, his diligent care. Your story matters to Jesus…”
- Make Room by Jonathan McReynolds is one of my favourite songs from his album!(In fact you should go check out the whole album, it is amazing, another great song is Lover of My Soul). We can overcome by the word of our testimony and through declaration. If it is compulsory, we should make vocal declaration to stick with God in this upcoming quarter so that he can break forth His glory in us. ‘So I will make room for You I will prepare for two So You don’t feel that You can’t live here, Please live in me.’